Monday, February 10, 2014

Painting the Kitchen



 



Yesterday, I said painting the kitchen should be a snip, but in fact, it was not. I underestimated the amount of work involved. Applying masking tape took a little over an hour-and-a-half. Altogether I had to paint three doors, one of which required doing on both sides, and add to that, door frames and skirting boards. Above one of the doors there was a window frame requiring paint, and there was a wide and long window sill.

Altogether it took six hours to complete; well, not quite, because I have yet to paint the radiator which I couldn’t do today, on account of it being hot. If I switch off the central heating tonight, I’ll be able to paint the radiator tomorrow.

My wife was pleased with what I had done, but she’s more than one step ahead planning the next job. Good for her, because she keeps me on my toes. I don’t tell her of my broken back, which won’t stop me sailing. Why should it stop me from doing jobs around the home? I’ve no excuses.

No comments: