Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Odd Jobs

 
I can see light at the end of the tunnel. Soon all jobs around the house I intended doing will be finished. Today, I tackled a few loose ends in an attempt to complete the aforementioned. For sure there will be more, because like a boat, a house for ever needs attention. Without renewal here and there a house will decay and fall into disrepair, even fall down; likewise a boat will deteriorate and eventually sink!
 

Three little things required doing in the kitchen: I had to cut and fit a plinth to the base of the work unit beside the cooker; fit a knob to the cupboard door where the old oven had been, and reseat coving that had fallen away from the ceiling immediately above the sink. Forty five minutes and they were done.



When I fitted aluminium edging to worktops by the cooker last Friday, I glued them with Evo-Stik. I thought the adhesive was really effective because some ended up on my fingers and I had great difficulty removing it. I have a feeling that the modern version of the glue is far better than the original - correct me if I am wrong. As I had plenty left over from doing the edging, I used a small quantity to attach the coving to the ceiling.

2 Thessalonians 3:10 ‘For even when we were with you, we commanded you this: If anyone will not work, neither shall he eat.’

Links

Evo-Stik


 

No comments: