Today I set aside time for doing a few jobs on the boat. The first thing I checked was ‘Sandpiper’s’ jib furling rod. For some reason I was convinced the rod was bent near the lower end, but when I checked it I found there was nothing wrong.
I tidied the wiring for the new solar panel by attaching it to the aft cabin bulkhead with self-adhesive clips. Instead of dangling from the exit slot at the aft end of the sliding hatch the wire is now neatly secured to the bulkhead.
When I originally fitted a hasp and staple for locking the cabin I attached them incorrectly, because when I was inside the cabin with the sliding hatch closed there was always a possibility that the hasp could fall over the staple causing me to become trapped within the cabin. In an effort to stop this happening I would leave the lock on the staple to prevent the hasp from fully engaging with it. However, I was not convinced this would work; therefore I always resorted to taping the hasp to the sliding hatch.
Action was required to reverse the positions of the hasp and staple. This afternoon I got around to exchanging them. As a result I shall no longer be anxious when the hatch and washboards are fully closed.
Finally, I vacuum cleaned the interior of the boat, leaving ‘Sandpiper’ ready for her next adventure. When and where that will be I do not know, because I have not yet made up my mind.