Monday, March 11, 2013

Ain’t Going Nowhere Today


 
The photo says it all. I ain’t going nowhere!

Well, you know what I mean, except you also know that grammatically, two negatives make a positive. In this instance, however, I really mean I am staying put. I am not venturing outside.

I’m sure I’m not the only pensioner intent on staying at home today. Not so very far from here there have been six fatalities on the roads and the police attribute them to freezing conditions that caused black ice which in turn caught out drivers of motor vehicles.

It is obvious that some local pavements are treacherous because of ice. Therefore I shall not partake of my daily walk until there is a thaw. Meanwhile I can have another stab at Andrew Marr’s, ‘History of the World’, which has a rather dull presentation of past events. In truth I am finding it hard going, but history is serious stuff, as Andrew points out. I’ll continue grappling with his book to understand his slant on things. I thought the BBC TV series was far better than the book.

I’m truly going nowhere at the moment. Ugh.

Links

Andrew Marr – History of the World (His book)


Andrew Marr’s History of the World


History of the World - Biblical and Scientific Perspectives

No comments: