A very cold strong wind made it uninviting for working on the boat, but it so happened that I did not have a lot of time for doing much - as it was, my hands felt the impact of the low temperature when painting the underside of ‘Minnow’s’ hatch. Raynaud ’s phenomenon, with which I suffer, rendered my fingers white.
Inside the boat it was a different story. There I fastened the floor locker lids by means of their new hinges. Screwing them in place required a fair amount of effort, which almost caused me to perspire! I also replaced the jam cleat bracket for the running rigging.
Altogether, I spent around an hour-and-a- half in the garage, and that was enough.
Every little effort counts. Bit by bit is the way to go, especially as the nights draw in. Winter will soon be here, and there will be days when I shall not work on the boat, but I’m hoping she will be ready for sailing by the beginning of spring next year.