Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Selling ‘Sandpiper’ – Part 2



The advertisement at Apollo Duck was approved. (See first link below.)

Because I want to sell my ‘C’ Type West Wight Potter quickly, due to a new (second-hand) boat being delivered on 19th August, I am prepared to respond favourably to reasonable offers. You can have her with or without her trailer. If she sells without her trailer, I shall be happy to deliver her free within a radius of 100 miles of my home in Hockley, Essex. In that case, I would require the assistance of two people at the point of delivery to help me get her off the trailer. This can be done by raising the tow bar and sliding her off. She will sit comfortably on three car tyres, two under her quarters and the other one under her bow. The advantage of this arrangement is that the tyres can be placed in situ as she is being slid off her trailer. Old tyres are easy to obtain, and possibly for nothing.




Hopefully ‘Sandpiper’ will have a new home before Monday, 19th August; thus I shall have room for my new boat.

The cheapest way of becoming ‘Sandpiper’s’ owner would be to buy her without her trailer and without bits and pieces mentioned in the Ebay advertisement.* This is what you would end up with: the boat, mast, boom, furling headsail, mainsail, standing and running rigging, and the rudder.  I could possibly throw in the outboard bracket.

If you made a good offer for the boat and trailer I would include all of the items outlined in the Ebay advertisement.*



Please contact me at 07588288060, and if you would like me to phone back to a UK landline phone, I’ll gladly do so, providing I am at home at the time.

Be free to discuss matters over the phone and to make a tentative offer. You can text if you prefer, but you would be wise to see the boat before finalizing your offer. My preferred method of payment would be cash on delivery or when being collected. If you are buying the boat with her trailer, I would prefer you to collect her from my place.

This is a real opportunity for acquiring a good example of an iconic, classic boat which will be fun to own.

Links

For Sale: West Wight Potter, ‘C’ Type 14’


*West Wight Potter ‘C’ Type (Ebay Advertisement)


West Wight Potters – ‘C’ Type for Sale


Sale of my ‘C’ Type West Wight Potter


‘Minnow’, My New (Second-hand) Boat

No comments: