I took about 3 ½ hours to remove the cabin windows. I’m glad I did, because they were not sealed properly, and in continuous heavy weather at sea, I think they would have leaked. The rusty bolts retaining the windows looked pretty awful, and rust streaks from them would only get worse.
My next task is to take off the hatch window. Cleaning the Perspex may not be as bad as I thought. A light scraping with the blade of my penknife took off streaks of epoxy with little effort, but a slight marking remained. I have yet to experiment with the cleaning of the Perspex to see if I can make it presentable.