Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Building ‘Sharpy’ Part 26

Drawing the shapes

Rudder Stock pieces, except for two

Checking to make sure the blade will fit

It has been a very long day. I’ve spent 8 hours and 15 minutes working on the boat. Most of the time was taken up making parts for the rudder stock. I had to draw their shapes; then cut them out with a jigsaw and sand them.


The good news was that by having the heaters on full throttle, the temperature of the garage reached the required 15 degrees Celsius. That meant I could get on with epoxying the rudder stock parts and epoxying frame number 2 and the keel box support frame to the side panels.


That was good progress, without a doubt.


I have yet to epoxy other parts of the rudder stock to finish it, but I’ll first have to epoxy the inside where the rudder blade articulates, because I shall not be able to reach that part when the stock has been assembled.


Tomorrow, I would like to epoxy the remainder of the frames to the side panels, plus the inner stem post and the transom, but it remains to be seen whether that will be possible. I have other commitments that may prevent me from working on the boat.

No comments: