Sunday, July 05, 2015

Relaxing


Therapeutic tools for relaxation


Stained and discoloured slab


Cleaned


Cleaning finished

It rained quite heavily this morning, but as I wasn’t intending to work on building the patio, there was no disappointment. For me to take time off from the task was a relief, but strangely, this afternoon, when the sun came out and there was a coolness and freshness to the air, I thought it would be relaxing to clean up the edges of the joins between the seven paving slabs I set in place yesterday.


In accordance with my desire for relaxation, I made a cup of tea and settled to mechanically scrape away stains on the edges of adjacent slabs. There was nothing strenuous, just a gentle jigging of the scraper, followed by rhythmic movements with the wire brush and a dusting away of the resulting powder. The sun shone, and a cool, soft wind rustled the leaves of the eucalyptus tree. I could think or dream of anything I wished. 

No comments: