Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Building ‘Sharpy’ Part 72

Turned out OK

Shaping deck beams and upper sides of the hull

There she is, almost ready for her decks

Astonishing! It all works

I was able to accomplish a lot today. The major job achieved was fairing the upper sides of the hull and the deck support beams in preparation for attaching the decks. In addition to that I made two support pieces for the bottom of the keel box - one for each side of the keelson; two knees for bonding to the keel box to prevent lateral movement, and I removed a piece of the forward deck beam so that the mast could be slotted into the mast support bracket.

No comments: