Monday, December 22, 2014

Miscellany of Boat Photos


 
'Katie'

 
'Talitha'

 
Traditional Gaffer

 
'Dirty Girty'

Here we have four photos of different sailing vessels. I saw the graceful, flush deck gaffer, ‘Katie’ when I was sailing ‘Talitha’ on the River Deben.*

 There’s a photo of ‘Talitha’ herself when being launched for the first time at Burnham Yacht Harbour.

 I took the photo of the traditional gaff cutter when I was sailing on the River Roach.

‘Dirty Girty’ was at the Maritime Ipswich Festival, 2012.** Strictly speaking she’s not an ‘old gaffer’, but more of a ‘concept’ boat with a good turn of speed.  I later saw her at Walton and Frinton Yacht Club in July this year.

Links

*‘Talitha’ Sails the Deben


‘Talitha’ Sails the Deben – Part 2


‘Talitha’ is for Sale


**Maritime Ipswich Festival


Young Old Gaffers in 2012 (News of ‘Dirty-Girty’)


Walton and Frinton Yacht Club

No comments: