Sunday, December 07, 2014

‘Ladybird’ in Hibernation


 
In hibernation

 
At Exmouth 2010

 
At Torquay 2010

Of the boats I have owned, ‘Ladybird’, a Seawych 19, was perhaps the most endearing. On checking my blog I note that I have written many things about her and of our ‘relationship’. Only a few days ago I bumped into her again. She was not talking to me because she was in a deep sleep of hibernation. Since she is no longer mine I respected her privacy and left her alone to sit out the dark, cold months of winter. Hopefully she will be awakened in spring by her current ‘master’, dusted off and made Bristol Fashion for launching at the beginning of another season.

By clicking links below which are set out in chronological order, you will learn of ‘our’ wholesome relationship which sadly came to end, but then all my relationships with vessels of fancy have been short-lived. I am still in a relationship with ‘Minnow’, but a parting may not be far away.*


Links   

‘Just Right’ for Sailing


Rudder


Regular Subscribers - Thank You


Antifouling ‘Ladybird’, My Seawych Sloop


‘Ladybird’s’ Cruise – Day 1 on 3rd June, 2010 (Follow date links to right for rest of cruise)


‘Ladybird’ for Sale


‘Ladybirds’ Summer Cruise Review


Selling ‘Ladybird’


End of an Extraordinarily Brilliant Sailing Season


Check on ‘Ladybird’


Crewing on ‘Ladybird’


Checking ‘Ladybird’


‘Ladybird’s’ 2010 Cruise Photo Selection – Part 1


‘Ladybird’s’ Cruise – 2010


Ladybird has been sold – My tribute to her


My Old Mistress ‘Ladybird’


  ‘Ladybird’ on the Crouch


Photos of Boats I Have Owned – Part 6


Sailing Again Aboard ‘Ladybird’


Rekindling the Fire of Passion for Small Sailing Boats


Day Sail with ‘Ladybird’

No comments: