Silicone sealant filled gaps between the hatch slider supports and the exterior of the cabin top, but the sealant was peeling and it looked untidy. I’ve made a better job of it by extracting the sealant and replacing it with epoxy fillets.
When the fillets harden, I’ll be able to lightly sand the cabin top and paint it with Pre-Kote in preparation for applying two upper coats of Toplac.
I also removed the metal sliders so that I shall be able to sand and paint the wooden supports. I noticed that drain holes through the supports were blocked; therefore I cleaned them ready for coating them with epoxy. Unless they are coated with epoxy, rainwater could soak into the wood and cause rot.
Yesterday, in the Comments section Steve Carey asked if I used a small paint roller. I have used paint rollers for apply antifouling, but I much prefer painting with brushes.