Thursday, August 11, 2005

Laminating Deck Beam (6)

As I suspected, there was little time today for work on the boat, but I did manage to laminate the second beam and start cleaning up the first one. For this sort of thing, the right tools can make all the difference; therefore I bought a disk sander that cuts into hardened epoxy like a knife through soft butter. To prevent dust getting into my lungs I bought a mask that covers my mouth and nose; it’s the sort with replaceable filters, but the trouble with this contraption is that my exhaled breath escapes upwards and fogs up my spectacles. I think I should invest in sound-deadening ear muffs, because the disk sander makes an ear-piercing noise.

Tomorrow will be another busy day, but I may find time for laminating the third deck beam and for finishing the others.

No comments: