Each step of the way advances the end of a trek. Numerous small things often contribute towards making the whole of an object. A boat is comprised of components, and without them being assembled she cannot be built. When renovating a boat, various parts may have to be dissembled, reassembled or replaced, and this is what I have been doing today.
Here’s a list of the tasks accomplished:
I replaced the metal runners for the hatch.
I cut off ugly and potentially dangerous u-bolt extensions intruding into the cabin – these were the threaded parts of two safety harness fixtures either side of the washboard hatchway.
I simplified the transom air vent by removing the locking mechanism. I also took off the old seal from the Perspex lid, and glued a new one into the recess in the transom.
I varnished the grab handles and the wooden trim, for the third and final time.
I epoxied the drain holes for a second time - three of them either side of the hatch recess.