The paint went on better today, since the air temperature reached 17 degrees Celsius. The previous two days it barely touched 13 degrees. No more painting is required on the exterior, apart from the cabin top and the supports for the hatch runners.
I’ll be able to concentrate on painting the interior, but first I shall have to decide whether to remove the Polystyrene buoyancy that also insulates the cabin, forecastle and lazarette. The Polystyrene is a fire hazard, and unless I can isolate the cooker from it, the only safe thing to do is to remove the Polystyrene from the vicinity of the cooker.
The boat plans show a gimballed cooker in the lazarette. On ‘Faith’, my old Paradox, I found that arrangement fairly satisfactory.