Monday, January 12, 2015

Interesting Sailing Boats for Sale at Boats and Outboards



*Selway Fisher Petite Brise 16


Deben Lugger


Dr. Meggy


Custom Gaff Rigged Yawl


Woottens Bridge Ibiza


Gweek Quay Classic Mayfly


Cygnus Marine Oysterman


**Nigel Irens Roxane


Sea Otter 15


Tideway


Character Boats Whammel

I suspect several readers of this blog enjoy trawling through ‘Boats for Sale’ websites. This morning I’ve had an hour or so to spare for doing that very thing, and looking at the Boats and Outboards website I’ve picked out several that are of academic interest to me. I emphasize ‘academic’, because virtually all of them are beyond my reach, but more so, with my present disposition I have no desire to own any of them.
At the lower end of the price range, the Selway Fisher Petite Brise* at £2,500 would appear to represent good value.

For me, the most exciting boat is the Nigel Irens Roxane,** but I believe sailing her solo would not be easy, on account of having to handle up to five sheets. Her two foresails are not self-tacking.

Note:

Links to these ‘for sale’ boats are likely to become defunct within days, but the above photos will remain on this blog, courtesy of Boats and Outboards.

Links

Boats and Outboards


Character Boats for Sale £8,750


Gweek Quay Classic Mayfly £16,750


**Nigel Irens – Roxane for sale in London £47,500


Sea Otter 15’ for sale in Suffolk £7,750


Deben Lugger for sale in Suffolk £13,500


Dr. Meggy – Classic Bermudan cutter for sale in Devon £11,950


Woottens Wooten Bridge Ibiza for sale in Cheshire £3,500


Custom Gaff Rigged Yawl for sale in Lincolnshire £30,000


Cygnus Marine – Oysterman 22 for sale in Devon £21,500


*Selway Fisher – Petite Brise 16 for sale in Suffolk £2,500


Tideway 12 Deluxe for sale in Rutland £4,750

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for advertising our character boat for sale. Releasing Potential has two boats for sale. We have now changed to Hawk 20's as they are more suitable to our needs. Both boats have given us many happy memories. Thanks again.

William Serjeant said...

Mike,

You are very welcome. I wish you all the best for success.

Cheers,
Bill.

Unknown said...

Great photos! I do really love sailing. It reminds me of the time when we are searching of boats for sale in the Philippines. Thanks.

James Abram said...

Thanks for the links of these boats for sale you've provided mate!