Friday, May 30, 2014

Wisdom



Richard, Thank you for your comment to yesterday’s blog on the subject of ‘desire’, in which you said, “I'm well content to read what you have to say, and pick up some real pearls of wisdom along the way. Thank you, and God Bless you, Bill.”

If only I could impart pearls of wisdom and be like King Solomon, I would be wise indeed by man’s standards, but even he went astray by becoming besotted with seven hundred wives, many of whom lured him into idolatrous practices.

God’s wisdom is the wisdom to be desired, and in His Book of Wisdom, the Bible, He has much to say about it.

I happen to be reading Job in my daily studies, and Chapter 28 contains a passage: verses 12 to 28, telling of where wisdom can be found, the value of it, and the effect it has on those who find it.

 Verse 28 sums up the passage:

 ‘And to man He said, ‘Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom,

And to depart from evil is understanding.’

This evening when I returned home from a walk, I observed a well-defined, bright image projected on the garage door. I have many times seen similar projections caused by the sun’s rays reflecting and refracting from my kitchen’s double glazed window. They occur during the months of May, June and July. In God’s wisdom they gradually change their shape from day to day until Midsummer’s day; from which time they retrace their steps until fading away.

That is awesome, with the true meaning of ‘awe’, i.e., a feeling of reverential respect mixed with fear and wonder. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thankyou once again Bill. I love the garage door photograph, signs and wonders indeed?