Sunday, June 17, 2012

‘Sandpiper’s’ Stove



I prefer stoves to be gimballed on yachts, but the practicalities of fitting gimbals to the stove I've inherited prevent me from doing so - at least for the present time. This means that I have had to modify the stove to discourage saucepans from sliding off it.


I can expect the boat will experience lumpy conditions at sea, and if I want to safely prepare a hot meal while underway, saucepans, frying pans etc must stay firmly in place. The fact that 'Sandpiper' may not be on an even keel will make little difference when I’m preparing a meal with the pressure cooker, because the contents will be secure.

2 comments:

Canoe Sailor said...

I would see if you could get another frying pan with more vertical sides. The one you have looks like one I used to use on my Hunter 23.5 and the sides acted as a launching ramp. Another pan was less of a sausage launcher because it had steeper sides.

I really like the pot holder you have made! Mine was not as effective as I think yours will be.

William Serjeant said...

Good point about the frying pan!

The pot holder is not elegant, but I'm hoping it will be effective.

Cheers,

Bill.