Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Commonwealth Games – Glasgow 2014 – Part 7





I’ve had my own games today looking after a very energetic great grandson. We’ve had ball games in the garden and adventure play in the local park.

As a result of being occupied with my own games management, I only had time to watch a half-an-hour of TV featuring women’s gymnastics. In that short viewing I saw incredible action from the Scottish and English teams. These young women were unbelievably fit, agile, graceful and very brave. To achieve routines on the beam and floor involving flips, somersaults, and tumbles takes a lot grit and abundant energy.

I’ve subsequently learned that both the English male and female gymnastic teams have won gold medals. (See link below.)

Links

Glasgow 2014: England win double gymnastics team gold

No comments: