Wednesday, October 26, 2011

New TV Aerial



Not long ago my wife and I bought a new TV. On the whole, we have been very pleased with it, but now and again reception hasn’t been all that great, because signals were inefficiently received through non-digital aerials. Something needed to be done to improve picture quality; therefore we decided to have replacement aerials. I made a few enquiries for quotes, and in every instant I was advised that only one aerial would be required.



Yesterday morning I was expecting a TV aerial fitter to arrive at about nine o’clock. Therefore you can imagine my surprise, when at that time, a colourful Sky TV van stopped outside. I had not ordered an aerial from Sky, but the puzzle was solved when the van backed into my immediate neighbour’s drive, and moments later an anonymous white van backed into mine. What a coincidence! What were the chances of two independent technicians doing TV installations at the same time to adjacent properties?



Our man installed our new aerial in just under an hour-and-a-half, including dismembering the old ones so that they would fit into the recycling bin. He tuned in both TVs, took payment, and beetled-off to carry out another installation 40 miles away - and this before lunch. Rather him than me! A hazardous job too.


High definition TV makes all the difference for quality viewing, and when such technology works well I don’t mind parting with my money. Picture detail is amazing – strands of hair, wood grain, textures of woven fabrics etc, they can all clearly be seen. There are no ghosting images, only sharply defined ones. I hope this will continue, even when there is a high pressure area over the UK. That will be the acid test.


Text for the Day

1 Corinthians 13:12 ‘For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.’

No comments: