Monday, November 28, 2011

Aerial Markers and Aerial Balls





For far too long I have been meaning to remove the roof rack from the top of my car. I have always had excuses for not doing so. The latest one was that I might need to transport the dinghy that had belonged to my daughter to her house for storage or for destruction. The dinghy was in a bad state of repair and leaked profusely. Well, I suppose I should have done something about removing the roof rack when the dinghy was sold to a new owner, along with ‘Ladybird’, the yacht I had owned before she acquired her.


If I had removed the roof rack I would have saved on petrol, because the car would have been more efficient without having to expend energy overcoming friction caused by the movement of the rack through the air. Later is better than never, but procrastination cannot be justified when good can be achieved by taking action earlier than later. I am to be blamed for my inertia, and I’ve paid the price. My lack of action has not helped reduce my carbon footprint.


One advantage of having the roof rack on the car was that I could easily identify it in a car park. Some car parks are very large, as is the case at the Westfield Stratford City Shopping Centre, and there some sort of prominent marker is very helpful when it comes to finding the car. Now that I have removed the roof rack, I have added a temporary marker to the car’s aerial. This is in the form of a miniature polystyrene Christmas tree. I purposely searched for an aerial marker in a motor shop at Burnham-on-Crouch where I bought the only one of its type in stock.


Since then I have discovered an online supplier* of ‘Aerial Balls’, and similar markers. If you are thinking of getting one, have a look in your local motor shop, because there you will not have to pay a delivery charge. A little spring attached to a sticker was also supplied with mine, for attaching the marker to a desktop. The marker could also be fitted to the top of a pencil, or so the makers claim, but I suspect the hole in the marker would not be large enough for inserting a pencil, unless it was trimmed beforehand.



Note

The Aerial Balls* website has a link to ‘Free the Children’ website that I have included below.



Text for the Day

1 Corinthians 13:13 ‘And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.’



Links



*Aerial Balls

http://www.aerialballs.com/


Free the Children

http://www.freethechildren.com/


‘Ladybird’ has been sold – My tribute to her

http://bills-log.blogspot.com/2011/09/ladybird-has-been-sold-my-tribute-to.html


Westfield Stratford City Shopping Centre

http://bills-log.blogspot.com/2011/10/westfield-stratford-city-shopping.html


Recycling, Carbon Footprints and Survival

http://bills-log.blogspot.com/2011/10/recycling-carbon-footprints-and.html

No comments: