Sunday, October 27, 2013

15 Minutes for 'Minnow'



In less than a year I shall be an octogenarian, and I am conscious of how valuable time is. For every second that passes, my life that is left is less by the same. Today 15 minutes of 1,440 I set aside for improving ‘Minnow’. Why? Because she has become a part of my life, and I think she is worth it! For my own sanity, satisfaction and pleasure I think those 15 minutes spent on her were worth it for me.

The exercise was simple: To varnish over the first coat of varnish I applied to ‘Minnow’s’ stove unit yesterday.

 Tomorrow (DV)* I’ll repeat the varnishing exercise – that’s assuming the garage in which ‘Minnow’ resides, remains standing, because widespread damaged is expected overnight and into the morning, on account of a fierce storm now battering the southwest of England which is heading towards Essex where I live. Forecasters predict that the worst of it will be fast-moving, and by early morning it will have moved to the southern part of the North Sea.

In this transient world nothing can be taken for granted. When I say ‘transient’, I mean that everything is constantly changing; even the planet itself. Nothing lasts for ever. All things are finite, including my body! I can’t say the same thing about my soul which came into existence the moment I was conceived, although it was foreordained before the world was made. (Psalm 139:14-16)

Food for Thought

Ephesians 5:16, 1 Peter 1:17, Psalm 39:4, 5, Psalm 89:46, 47, James 4:14, 17.  

Links

Travel warnings as UK braced for severe storm and rain


Hurricane force winds will hit at ‘the worst possible time’ says Met Office


*The Meaning of DV

No comments: