Monday, October 19, 2009

October Flowers








While walking through my local village yesterday I observed that the Council had done their best to make the place attractive by mounting flower baskets on lampposts and by planting flowers around the bases of trees. Then, as I walked along the side streets I noticed many excellent floral displays in hanging baskets on the walls of houses, most of them by front doors, and in several of the gardens there were gorgeous floral arrangements. I hadn’t previously thought that October was a good month for flowers, but this year may be an exception. When I arrived home I made a special inspection of my own garden, which truly is more my wife’s, as she does the planting and tending – I simply maintain hedges and cut the lawns. I was surprised to see quite a number of beautiful flowers, some of which I photographed for presentation here.

No comments: