Monday, March 17, 2008

Hotspot

This is the first time I've been successful in accessing a hotspot for access to the Internet. I am in the food hall of Lakeside which is a large indoor shopping area at Thurrock, Essex, UK. I had tried previously from advertised Hotspots such as at MacDonalds, but with no success. Having the ability to access the World Wide Web via WIFI through Hotspots means that I'll be able to upload my boat log to this blog whenever I arrive at a port of call.

I am hoping I'll be able to set off for an extensive cruise in my Paradox sailboat along the South Coast in early April. Because of my success at logging on through this particular Hotspot at Lakeside, I'm hopeful you will be able to follow my adventure, albeit, several days in arrears, assuming I'll have success elsewhere.

No comments: