Tuesday, November 08, 2011

My Camera



My Sony Cybershot 7.2 Megapixel camera only has an optical zoom of four magnifications, but apart from that, it has loads of useful features. One great advantage is that it fits into my pocket, so that it is ready for instant use. The Carl Zeiss 35mm lens is very versatile, providing sharp focus, even with close-up subjects when light is poor. What more could I want? - Maybe a waterproof camera, because I like taking photos when I’m sailing my boat.



My Sony camera has nine settings for taking photos, and a separate one for videos. Mostly I use the ‘Easy’ mode, which is fully automatic, sensing both the exposure time and the correct focus. ‘Auto-adjust’ is similar, but it activates the flash when there is low light. Then there is an ‘Auto-exposure’ function with optional settings for adjusting focal length and use of the flash. I’ve only once tried the ‘Low Light’ setting. Ideally this requires a tripod for keeping the camera absolutely still, and I don’t have one. I’ve never tried the ‘Portrait’ in low light setting, which employs the flash; nor have I taken photos in ‘Landscape’ mode. This automatically blurs the foreground and brings the background into focus. A digital ‘Audio Video’ facility is most useful for recording scenes where there are moving objects. Other functions include: ‘Soft Background’, ‘Smile Capture’ and ‘Shoot’, without triggering the flash in a low light setting.



My camera has two viewfinders. It has a standard look-through with one eye viewfinder, and there’s a digital screen at the back. Sometimes I can’t see the image on the screen because sunlight reflects off it. If that happens I have to use the ordinary viewfinder, or point the camera towards the subject and hope the picture will be OK. The camera can play audio videos, and take photos seconds after the shutter button has been pressed by use of an inbuilt timer. All photos, including HD videos are stored on a mark two, 1 gigabyte Memory Stick Pro Duo card. The camera’s lithium ion 3.6 volt battery holds a charge for many hours. I need only charge it perhaps once a week, even a fortnight or more, according to use.


All in all, I’m very pleased with my camera. Today, I have uploaded four photos of flowers; tomorrow the subject will be’ creatures’, and the following day it will be ‘places’.




Text for the Day

Genesis 1:24, 25 ‘Then God said, “Let the earth bring forth the living creature according to its kind: cattle and creeping thing and beast of the earth, each according to its kind”; and it was so. And God made the beast of the earth according to its kind, cattle according its kind, and everything that creeps upon the earth according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.



Links


Sony Cybershot 7.2 Megapixel Camera

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDe9QE3Wcc8&feature=related

No comments: